WHAT’S A SPORTS MASSAGE?
Sports massage is the manipulation of the body’s muscles, tendons and ligaments (soft tissue) in order to increase blood supply, release tension, flush lactic acid and rehabilitate muscular imbalances that are caused by repetitive and strenuous physical activity. This can help increase range of movement, prevent and potentially ease injury and reduce recovery time after activities.
Sports massage coupled with corrective stretching can help improve your posture which is a big problem in today’s world with many people living more sedentary lifestyles with little movement and activity in there day to day routine.
The benefits of a sports massage:
- Enhances posture
- Activates parasympathetic nervous system (relaxes body)
- Rids toxins and flushes lactic acid
- Increases range of movement
- Improves circulation and lymphatic flow
- Help prepare for competition